So many things were supposed to make email obsolete: Facebook, Slack push–even RSS was talked about as an email-killer. It turns out that pronouncing email dead is a common marketing ploy rather than any kind of market reality.
The return on investment of email marketing remains stellar, returning $38 for each dollar. And market buzz is coming on email. For instance, The Wall Street Journal recently called email The Hot New Channel for penalizing Real People and The Guardian says that nothing will replace email “in the not too distant future, and probably not in the far future.”
Why is email marketing so powerful? Here are our top 9 reasons:
- Email is omnipresent. Everybody has an account (or two) and uses it.
- Email is the account of record.
- Email is the most preferred channel for brand communications.
- Email is an open platform that nobody owns, which keeps prices low.
- Email supports rich content, allowing exceptionally engaging adventures.
For the remaining four reasons, and for a discussion of every reason…
The post 9 Reasons Why Email Marketing Is Still the King of Customer Engagement appeared first on Email Marketing Rules.